Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Welcome, O life! I go to encounter for the millionth time the reality of experience and to forge in the smithy of my soul the uncreated conscience of my race.James Joyce
See also apollo
- (Greek, Roman mythology): The son of Zeus and Leto (or Jupiter and Latona), and the twin brother of Artemis (or Diana). He was the god of light, music, medicine, and poetry; and prophecy, dance, manly beauty, and more.
- A very handsome young man.
- Space, U.S. A three-man spacecraft designed to travel to and land on the moon.
- A town in Pennsylvania, USA.
- A butterfly (Parnassius apollo, a large swallowtail with black and red spots on white wings).
Greek, Roman mythology: the son of Zeus
space: U.S. A three-man spacecraft
a town in Pennsylvania, USA
From the object 1862 Apollo
- (astronomy) An asteroid possessing an orbit that crosses the orbit of the Earth and an orbital period of over one year, with semimajor axes greater than 1 AU, and perihelion distances less than 1.017 AU.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- ^ Oxford Dictionary of World Mythology, Arthur Cotterell, Oxford University Press, 1986
- Webster's College Dictionary, Random House, 2001
Apollo m. (genitive: Apollinis)
Elsewhere on the web