The letter "b" is subject to a range of variations through capitalization and use in different scripts. These include:
Capitalization and punctuation
- Ḃ - majuscule, with dot above
- ḃ - miniscule, with dot above
- Ḅ - majuscule, with dot below
- ḅ - miniscule, with dot below
- Ḇ - majuscule, with underline
- ḇ - minuscule, with underline
- Ƀ - majuscule, with stroke
- ƀ - minuscule, with stroke
- ᵬ - minuscule, with middle tilde
- ᶀ - minuscule, with lower hook
- Ɓ - majuscule, with upper hook
- ɓ - minuscule, with upper hook
- Ƃ - majuscule, Zhuang variation
- ƃ - minuscule, Zhuang variation
Other representations of B
- ฿ (symbol for the baht, the currency of Thailand)
- ♭ (musical symbol for 'flat')
- ß the German ligature Eszett looks like a beta, but is apart from that unrelated.
- The Cyrillic б is notably similar in appearance to the numeral 6.
- Chinese radical 阝 (3 strokes), meaning 'place', has a shape similar to B; however, it is pronounced fù.