Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
There are chapters in every life which are seldom read and certainly not aloud.Carol Shields
- A male given name. It was in regular use since early Middle Ages; popular in the 19th and early 20th centuries.
male given name
- 1951 translation by Nevill Coghill of: 13?? Geoffrey Chaucer: Canterbury Tales: The Wife of Bath's Tale:
- When good King Arthur ruled in ancient days
- (A king that every Briton loves to praise)
- This was a land brim-full of fairy folk.
- 1596, William Shakespeare, The Life and Death of King John: Act IV, Scene II:
- Young Arthur is alive: this hand of mine
- Is yet a maiden and an innocent hand,
- Not painted with the crimson spots of blood.
- A male given name borrowed from English.
- A male given name used in France since the Middle Ages.
Arthur [[Category:Template:lang:de proper nouns|Arthur]]
- A male given name borrowed from English in the 18th century.
- A male given name borrowed from English in the 19th century.
Elsewhere on the web