Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The really happy person is the one who can enjoy the scenery, even when they have to take a detour.Sir James Jeans
See also C.D.
- Alternate forms: cd, CCCC, cccc
- Previous: CCCXCIX (three hundred and ninety-nine, 399)
- Next: CDI (four hundred and one, 401)
- compact disk: A form of digital media that is based on the use of a laser to read from a plastic disc in a reader device known as a CD drive. It comes in several varieties including the CD-ROM (ROM=read-only memory) which cannot be written to except during manufacturing, the CD-R (recordable), which can be written to exactly once, and the CD-RW (re-writable), which can be written to as many times as one wishes (to a limit).
- Certificate of deposit: used by financial institutions
- Corps diplomatique: a decal found on automobiles to indicate diplomatic status
- Creative director: head of the creative department (e.g. advertising agencies)
- Corporate design: specific design features of a company, corporate identity CI
- Collision detection: used by an Ethernet network to detect when two computers are sending frames at the same time, and also to deal with such collisions when they happen
- circular dichroism
- compact disk
- Sore ha hebimeta no CD desu.
- That is a CD of heavy metal.
- cash dispenser; an automatic cash machine for withdrawing.
- Konbini no CD kara okane wo hikidashi mashita.
- I withdrew a money from a CD at a convenient store.
- コンパクトディスク (konpakuto disuku)
- 自動現金支払機 (jidō genkin shiharai-ki)
CD (Pinyin CD, traditional and simplified CD)
- compact disk
- CD (disc)
- CD (compact disc)
Elsewhere on the web