Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- A female given name.
- (variants): Christian, Christiana, Christine, Kirsten, Kirsty, Kristen, Kristin, Kristine
- (diminutives): Chris, Chrissie, Chrissy, Christie, Christy, Kristi, Kristie, Kristy, Tina
- 1811 Mary Mitford: Christina, the Maid of the South Seas. A.J.Valpy, London 1811. page 26:
- For never yet that maiden's woes
- To check our social pleasure rose,
- Her joy she shares, her grief's her own,
- CHRISTINA CHRISTIAN weeps alone.
- 1900 Elisabeth Luther Cary: The Rossettis:Dante Gabriel and Christina. Putnam's Sons 1900. page 230:
- Her name "Christina" was derived from one of the Bonaparte family, Lady Dudley Stuart
- 2006 Richard Paul Evans: Finding Noel: A Novel. Simon&Schuster 2006. ISBN 0743287037 page 168:
- She was born on Christmas Day. I wanted to name her Holly. But with the last name of Wood, your mama wouldn't go for that. So we named her Christina.
Christina [[Category:Template:lang:de proper nouns|Christina]]
- A female given name, a popular alternative spelling of Kristina. Name of a 17th century queen of Sweden.
Elsewhere on the web