Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It's discouraging to make a mistake, but it's humiliating when you find out you're so unimportant that nobody noticed it.Chuck Daly
- A female given name.
female given name
- c. 1598, William Shakespeare, Henry IV, Part 2: Act II, Scene IV:
- Pistol. Then to you, Mistress Dorothy; I will charge you.
- Doll Tearsheet. Charge me! I scorn you, scurvy companion.
- 1900 Lyman Frank Baum: The Wonderful Wizard of Oz: Chapter 3:
- "My name is Dorothy," said the girl, " and I am going to the Emerald City to ask the Great Oz to send me back to Kansas."
Elsewhere on the web