Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.William Butler Yeats
See also fred
- frĕd, /fred/, /fred/
- Rhymes: -ɛd
- A short version of Frederick, also used as a formal male given name.
- (military, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Nickname for the Lockheed C-5 Galaxy, widely used by USAF aircrews. Acronym for Fucking Ridiculous Economic Disaster.
- 1892 Robert Grant: The Reflections of a Married Man. Scribner,1892. pages 98-99:
- When I referred to the confusion which would result from the presence in the house of two people with the same name, she tossed her head and said it would be easy to obviate that by calling me Frederick instead of Fred. - - - Imagine Harry Bolles and other kindred spirits calling me stiff, august Frederick! I vowed that this should not be brought to pass - - -
- 2002 Fred Hill: You May as Well Laugh: The Columns of Fred Hill. iUniverse ISBN 0595256848 page 59:
- I had great parents, but they made one major mistake. They named me Fred. I'm sorry in case other Freds read this, but Fred is a rather weak name. It just sort of fades away on the tongue. It's not positive like Matt or Jim or Mike or Luke.
Elsewhere on the web