Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The really happy man never laughs—seldom—though he may smile. He does not need to laugh, for laughter, like weeping is a relief of mental tension—and the happy are not over strung.Prof. F. A. P. Aveling
(Redirected from Hangeul)
- The spelling hangeul is from the Korean spelling in the 2000 South Korean Revised transcription. “Hangul” derives from the older McCune-Reischauer transcription “hangŭl” written without the diacritics: it is the more common English spelling. Within the English Wiktionary, “hangeul” is preferred.
- MSN Encarta Dictionary lists only the spellings “Hangul” and “hangul”.
- Merriam-Webster Online lists only the spelling “hangul” and notes that it is often capitalised.
- Oxford English Dictionary lists the spellings “hangul” and “hankul”, and has examples with hangul, hangŭl, and Hangul.
- The Korean character set, including the alphabets or Jamo and the syllables composed or stacked therefrom. Those syllables make up the practical character set in everyday computing but for input typing. They are analogous to the traditional typesetting blocks.
Elsewhere on the web