Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life is a classroom in which each of us is being tested, tried, and passed.Robert Thibodeau
to Hazop (third-person singular simple present -, present participle -, simple past and past participle -)
- (uncountable) Abbreviation for Hazard and Operability Studies, a methodology for identifying harmful deviations in processes, especially in the chemical, petrochemical and nuclear industries.
- Hazop should be seen as one technique and not as the sole technique.
- (countable) Abbreviation for Hazard and Operability Study, the action of carrying out the method on a particular process.
- Performing a HAZOP, however, does not guarantee that no risk exists
AdjectiveHazop (comparative none, superlative none)
- Related to the above.
- The Hazop team. A hazop report.
Third person singular
- (transitive) To carry out the method on a process.
- During the first meeting, the team HAZOPed each section of the process
- ^ Kletz, T. A., (1983) HAZOP & HAZAN, Notes on the Identification and Assessment of Hazards, ICheme, Rugby
- ^ B. Hancock (1982) Chemical Engineering Research and Design vol 60a page 368
- ^ Greenberg, H. R., & Cramer, J. J., (1991) Risk Assessment and Risk Management for the Chemical Process Industry ISBN 0-442-23438-4 page 102
- ^ D. F. Montague (1990) Reliability Engineering and System Safety vol 29 page 35
Elsewhere on the web