Visit the forum if you have a language query!
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
Germanic haim "home" + ric "ruler".
- A male given name, popular in England since Middle Ages; name of eight kings.
- A surname derived from the male given name.
- 1593, William Shakespeare, King Henry VI, Part 1: Act III, Scene I:
- And now I fear the fatal prophecy,
- Which in the time of Henry, nam'd the Fifth,
- Was in the mouth of every mocking babe;
- That Henry born at Monmouth should win all;
- And Henry born at Windsor should lose all.
Henry [[Category:Template:lang:de proper nouns|Henry]]
Elsewhere on the web