Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- 1 English
- 2 Hungarian
- 3 Irish
- 4 Italian
- 5 Norwegian
From [[w:Template:lang:la language|Template:lang:la]][[Category:Template:lang:la derivations]] India from Ancient Greek Ἰνδία (India) from Ἰνδός (Indos), “‘Indus River’”) from Old Persian hinduš (Persian هند (Hend)) from Sanskrit (sindhu), “‘river’”).
- The territory east of the river Indus and south of the Himalaya mountains (formerly also known as Hindustan)
- Country in South Asia (Bharat). Official name: Republic of India.
- Formerly applied to America, also pl. Indies (obsolete)
- The letter I in the ICAO spelling alphabet.
- IPA: [ˈɪnʲdʲiə]
An India f. India
- Fourth declension
Forms with the definite article
|Radical||Eclipsis||with h prefix||with t- prefix|
| Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every|
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.
- Like most country names, this is always used with the definite article in Irish.
India f. (plural Indie)
Elsewhere on the web