Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
I can't be bitter. No one has a contract on life.David M. Heath
See also java
- An island of Indonesia in the Malay Archipelago.
- (programming languages) The Java programming language (® Sun Microsystems, Inc.) An object-oriented computer programming language similar to C++.
island of Indonesia
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- Java cat, (Zoölogy): the musang
- Java sparrow, (Zoölogy): a species of finch (Padda oryzivora), native of Java, but very commonly kept as a cage bird; -- called also ricebird, and paddy bird . In the male the upper parts are glaucous gray, the head and tail black, the under parts delicate rose, and the cheeks white. The bill is large and red. A white variety is also kept as a cage bird.
- The island Java
- L'île de Java. - Java island.
- Le langage Java. - The java language.
Elsewhere on the web