Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
To be wronged is nothing unless you continue to remember it.Confucius
See also jenny
- Rhymes: -ɛni
- 1837 Leigh Hunt, Jenny Kissed Me,
- Jenny kissed me when we met,
- Jumping from the chair she sat in;
- Time, you thief, who love to get
- Sweets into your list, put that in!
- Say I'm weary, say I'm sad,
- Say that health and wealth have missed me,
- Say I'm growing old, but add,
- Jenny kissed me.
- 1840 Frederick Marryat, Poor Jack, Chapter IV,
- All this I recollect, but little more, except my mother gave me several beatings for calling my sister "Jenny", which I had learnt to do from others who knew her; but when my mother heard them, she was always very angry, and told them that her child had not such a vulgar name; at which many would laugh, and make a point of calling out "Jenny" to Virginia whenever they passed and saw her at the door.
female given name
Elsewhere on the web