Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
We are not to make the ideas of contentment and aspiration quarrel, for God made them fast friends. A man may aspire, and yet be quite content until it is time to raise; and both flying and resting are but parts of one contentment. The very fruit of the gospel is aspiration. It is to the heart what spring is to the earth, making every root, and bud, and bough desire to be more. -Henry Ward Beecher
Place name in Scotland, probably from a Celtic word meaning "wood".
- Rhymes: -iːθ
- A Scottish surname.
- A male given name transferred from the surname..
- 1815 Sir Walter Scott: The Lord of the Isles:
- Behind them, screened in sheltering wood,
- The gallant Keith, Lord Marshal, stood:
- His men-at-arms bear mace and lance,
- And plumes that wave, and helms that glance.
- 2005 Andrew L. Brown: Overcoming Adversity: Your Dreams Matter. ISBN 0976563908 page 35:
- My middle name, Keith, is music to my ears. It's like jazz on a cool summer night. My very closest family members call me Keith for short.
Elsewhere on the web