Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It is the paradox of life that the way to miss pleasure is to seek it first. The very first condition of lasting happiness is that a life should be full of purpose, aiming at something outside self.Hugo Black
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) One of the knights of the round table, a lover of Guinevere.
- A male given name.
- 1921 P.G.Wodehouse: Indiscretions of Archie. page 162:
- "What's the first name?" - - -
- "I have a horrible feeling that it's Lancelot!"
- "Good God!" said Archie.
- "It couldn't really be that, could it?"
- Archie looked grave. He hated to to give pain, but he felt he must be honest.
- "It might," he said. "People give their children all sorts of rummy names. My second name's Tracy. And I have a pal in England who was christened Cuthbert De la Hay Horace. Fortunately everyone calls him Stinker."
Elsewhere on the web