Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Show us a man who never makes a mistake and we will show you a man who never makes anything. The capacity for occasional blundering is inseparable from the capacity to bring things to pass. The only men who are past the danger of making mistakes are the men who sleep at Greenwood.H. L. Wayland
- A Scottish surname meaning "garden of hollies".
- A female given name derived from the surname,used since the 18th century. Popular in the U.K. in the mid-20th century.
- (rare) A male given name.
The male given name is usually spelled Leslie.
- 1792 Robert Burns: Bonnie Lesley:
- O saw ye bonnie Lesley,
- As she gaed o'er the border.
- She's gane, like Alexander,
- To spread her conquests farther.
Elsewhere on the web