Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
On the last analysis, then, love is life. Love never faileth and life never faileth so long as there is love.Henry Drummond
- (the normal U.S. spelling): Lillian
- A female given name.
- Lila, Lil, Lili, Lilia, Liliana, Liliane, Liliane, Lilias, Lilli, Lillia, Lilianna, Lilliana, Lilliane, Lilliann, Lillianna, Lillianne, Lillie, Lilly, Lillyan, Lillyanne, Lily, Lilyan, Lilyann.
- 1830 Alfred Tennyson: Lilian :
- Airy, fairy Lilian,
- Flitting, fairy Lilian,
- When I ask her if she loves me,
- Claps her tiny hands above me,
- Laughing all she can.
- 2004 Willem Dijkstra: May You Live in Interesting Times. iUniverse 2004. ISBN 0595315178 page 77:
- When it was my turn Roger told the crowd that my romanised second and third name, if written as one word in Pinyin, as is now the custom, was exactly like the English girl's name Lilian and he therefore proposed to leave it like that, Lilian being a very pretty name, he said.
female given name
Elsewhere on the web