Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
They come into being not through demonstration but through revelation, through the medium of powerful personalities.Albert Einstein
- (U.K.) Lilian
- A female given name. This is the standard American spelling.
- Lila, Lil, Lili, Lilia, Liliana, Liliane, Liliane, Lilias, Lilli, Lillia, Lilianna, Lilliana, Lilliane, Lilliann, Lillianna, Lillianne, Lillie, Lilly, Lillyan, Lillyanne, Lily, Lilyan, Lilyann.
- 1836 Adeline Sergeant: Lillian Lee:
- Your mother's name was Lillian, Minnie Lee,
- Her other name I never heard, until
- I stood within the church and saw her wed
- So she is ever Lillian Lee to me.
- 1907 Lewis Clinton Strang: Famous Prima Donnas. L.C.Page&Co, 1907. page 33:
- Lillian Russell was christened Helen Louise Leonard. Tony Pastor gave her the name Lillian Russell, for the very practical reason, I believe, that it had so many "l's" in it, and consequently would look well on a bill-board.
female given name
Elsewhere on the web