Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
There is no original truth, only original error.Gaston Bachelard
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- (used absolutely in monotheism: the Lord) God
- (Christianity) (especially in Our Lord) Jesus
- A British aristocratic title used as a form of address for a marquis, earl, or viscount; the usual style for a baron; a courtesy title for a younger son of a duke or marquis
- rendering of comparable (especially feudal) aristocratic ranks elsewhere
- A title for certain high officials and dignitaries such as Lord Mayor; a title for a British Anglican (arch)bishop whose see entitled to a seat in the House of Lords
British aristocratic title
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- aristocratic title
Elsewhere on the web