Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it.Douglas Macarthur
- Rhymes: -iːz
- A female given name, the French feminine form of Louis, used in English since the seventeenth century.
feminine form of Louis
- 1890 Arthur Weir, John Arthur Lockhart: The Romance of Sir Richard. Published by William Drysdale&Co. page 83:
- Louise, thy stately name sounds in my ear
- Like a sea wave, that gathering, hill on hill,
- Upon the blue horizon, smooth and still,
- Sweeps to the shore
Louise [[Category:Template:lang:de proper nouns|Louise]]
Elsewhere on the web