Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love is swift, sincere, pious, joyful, generous, strong, patient, faithful, prudent, long-suffering, courageous, and never seeking its own; for wheresoever a person seeketh his own, there he falleth from love.Thomas γ Kempis
AdjectiveMacedonian (not comparable)
- Of or pertaining to Macedonia, its people or language.
of Macedonia, its people or language
- A person from Macedonia (in any sense).
A person from Macedonia.
- A South Slavic language, the standard language of the Republic of Macedonia.
- (historical) The tongue of the Ancient Macedonians, spoken in Macedon during the 1st millennium BC. (see Ancient Macedonian)
- The Greek dialect in Macedonia, region of Greece.
- (obsolete) The name of a West-Bulgarian dialect prior to the codification of Macedonian standard language.
Slavic language of Macedonia
language of antiquity
- Ancient Macedonian on Linguist
- Macedonian from Encyclopaedia Britannica
- Macedonian–English Dictionary from Webster’s Online Dictionary
- ISO 639-1 code mk, ISO 639-3 code mkd (SIL)
- Ethnologue entry for Macedonian, mkd
Elsewhere on the web