Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
If it is your time, love will track you down like a cruise missile.Lynda Barry
Old English place name from mylen + tun "mill settlement" and middel + tun "middle settlement".
- An English habitational surname.
- A male given name derived from the surname.
- The English poet w:John Milton (1608-1674).
- Name of many towns in Canada and the US.
- Milton Keynes - large new town in England, 90km north of London.
- 1989 David Leavitt: Equal Affections. ISBN 0-670-821977 page 215:
- Herbert, Sydney, Milton, Seymour. You know, all the time I was growing up I thought those were the most ordinary Jewish first names, until someone pointed out that they were British last names. I guess to my great-grandparents those names must have sounded so modern, so sophisticated, so - non-Eastern European. And now they're just Uncle Miltie, Uncle Sy, Uncle Herb. Do other people have Uncle Donne and Uncle Wordsworth?
Elsewhere on the web