Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Harold, like the rest of us, had many impressions which saved him the trouble of distinct ideas.George Eliot
See also mongol
Romanisation of Монгол.
- A person from Mongolia; a Mongolian.
- A member of any of the various Mongol ethnic groups living in The Mongolian People's Republic, the (former) USSR, Tibet and Nepal.
- (usually mongol) A person with Down's syndrome.
- A member of the nomadic people from the steppes of central Asia who invaded Europe in the 13th Century. The mongol Empire stretched from the Eastern seas of China to the gates of Vienna.
- Mathew Paris Chron. Maj. iv.76ff, Translated from The journey of William Rubruck (Hakluyt Society, 2nd series, no.4; 1900) pp. xv-xvi.
- They are inhuman and beastly, rather monsters than men, thirsting for and drinking blood, tearing and devouring the flesh of dogs and men, dressed in ox-hides, armed with plates of iron short, stout, thickset, strong, invincible, indefatigable, their backs unprotected, their breasts covered with armour...They have one-edged swords and daggers and spare neither age, nor sex nor condition.
person from Mongolia
- 1992 Webster's New World Encyclopedia. Prentice Hall
- 1970 R C H Davis A History of Medieval Europe. Longman SBN 582 48208 9. P404 et. seq.
Mongol m (f Mongole)
- Mongolian (person)
Elsewhere on the web