Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The ideas of economists and political philosophers, both when they are right and when they are wrong, are more powerful than is commonly understood. Indeed the world is ruled by little else. Practical men, who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence, are usually the slaves of some defunct economist.John Maynard Keynes
- (Biblical) Sixth son of Jacob, by his wife's handmaid Bilhah.
- (Biblical) One of the Israelite tribes, descended from Naphtali.
- A male given name
- 1611 — King James Version of the Bible, Genesis 35:22b-26
- Now the sons of Jacob were twelve: 23 The sons of Leah; Reuben, Jacob's firstborn, and Simeon, and Levi, and Judah, and Issachar, and Zebulun: 24 The sons of Rachel; Joseph, and Benjamin: 25 And the sons of Bilhah, Rachel's handmaid; Dan, and Naphtali: 26 And the sons of Zilpah, Leah's handmaid; Gad, and Asher: these are the sons of Jacob, which were born to him in Padan-aram.
- 1611 — King James Version of the Bible, Joshua 21:6
- And the children of Gershon had by lot out of the families of the tribe of Issachar, and out of the tribe of Asher, and out of the tribe of Naphtali, and out of the half tribe of Manasseh in Bashan, thirteen cities.
one of the Israelite tribes
male given name
Elsewhere on the web