Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
To love one person with a private love is poor and miserable: to love all is glorious.Thomas Traherne
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- (UK), enPR: rōm, IPA: /rəʊm/, SAMPA: /r@Um/
- (US), enPR: rōm, IPA: /roʊm/, SAMPA: /roUm/
- Rhymes: -əʊm
- A province of Latium, Italy.
- A city, the capital of the province of Latium and also of Italy.
- The Roman Empire
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Rome (province)
- Rome (city)
- Plural form of Roma
- le due Rome, the two Romes
Elsewhere on the web