Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
A woman who could always love would never grow old; and the love of mother and wife would often give or preserve many charms if it were not too often combined with parental and conjugal anger. There remains in the face of women who are naturally serene and peaceful, and of those rendered so by religion, an after-spring, and later an after-summer, the reflex of their most beautiful bloom.Jean Paul Richter
(Redirected from The United States)
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Shortened form of the United States of America.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) The collection of individual states of the United States of America.
- (military) Includes the land area, internal waters, territorial sea, and airspace of the United States, including the following:
- US territories, possessions, and commonwealths; and
- Other areas over which the US Government has complete jurisdiction and control or has exclusive authority or defense responsibility
The United States
- Joint Publication 1-02 U.S. Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms; 12 April 2001 (As Amended Through 14 April 2006)
- United States on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Wikimedia Commons has media related to “United States”. Wikimedia Commons
- Wikinews has an article on “United States”. Wikinews
- Wikiquote has an article on “United States”. Wikiquote
Elsewhere on the web