Visit the forum if you have a language query!
The family name is from the Dutch place name Coevorden ("the place where cows ford the river") via the Dutch family name van Coevorden ("a person from Coevorden"). The place names are derived from the family name, being named after people with that family name.
- A family name.
- A large island off the coast of British Columbia, Canada.
- A large city and seaport in British Columbia, Canada
- A city in the State of Washington, USA.
- A mountain between Alaska and Canada in the Saint Elias Mountains.
- The True Meaning of Vancouver, Joseph Jones, Vancouver Sun, 1994-12-31, which in turn cites Woordenboek der Noord — en Zuidnederlandse plaatsnamen
Elsewhere on the web