Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love matches are made by people who are content, for a month of honey, to condemn themselves to a life of vinegar.Marguerite Gardiner Blessington
See also Appendix:Variations of "ab"
- away from: abnormal.
- (physics) an electromagnetic unit in the centimeter-gram-second system: abcoulomb.
- “ab-” in The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition, Houghton Mifflin Company, 2000.
- “ab-” in Dictionary.com Unabridged, v1.0.1, Lexico Publishing Group, 2006.
- “ab-” in WordNet 2.0, Princeton University, 2003.
ab- [[Category:Template:lang:de prefixes|ab-]]
- Separable verb prefix, from.
- abfahren (depart from).
- Separable verb prefix that indicates removal or quitting, off.
- Separable verb prefix that indicates a downward movement, down.
From ab (“‘away from’”)
ab- [[Category:Template:lang:la prefixes|ab-]]
- A prefix in many words of Latin origin. It signifies from, away, separating, or departure, as in abduct, abstract, abscond. See a-.
Elsewhere on the web