Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Ideas lose themselves as quickly as quail, and one must wing them the minute they rise out of the grass, or they are gone.Thomas F. Kennedy
Adverbaback (not comparable)
- (rare) Towards the back or rear; backwards; away.
- Therewith aback she started. - Chaucer
- Behind; in the rear.
- (nautical) Backward against the mast; said of the sails when pressed by the wind.
- They sailed aback. --- They sailed against the wind.
in the rear
said of sails pressed backward
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web