Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Sometimes we may learn more from a man's errors, than from his virtues.Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
abaissement m. (plural abaissements)
- Action of moving or pushing something in a downward direction.
- State resulting from having moved down.
- Action of lowering a value.
- Action of lowering oneself morally.
- (dated) State of something or someone which has lost all pride.
- (archaic) Action of rendering or becoming less powerful.
From French abaissement
Elsewhere on the web