Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Yet each man kills the thing he loves from all let this be heard some does it with a bitter look some with a flattering word the coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword.Oscar Wilde
- The act of wandering; deviation, especially from truth or moral rectitude, from the natural state, or from a type.
- A partial alienation of reason.
- Occasional aberrations of intellect - Lingard
- Whims, which at first are the aberrations of a single brain, pass with heat into epidemic form - I. Taylor
- (astronomy) A small periodical change of position in the stars and other heavenly bodies, due to the combined effect of the motion of light and the motion of the observer.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) The convergence to different foci, by a lens or mirror, of rays of light emanating from one and the same point, or the deviation of such rays from a single focus.
- (physiology) A deviation of an organism from the state which is regarded as normal.
- A mental disorder, especially one of a minor or temporary character.
- (law) The producing of an unintended effect by the glancing of an instrument, as when a shot intended for A glances and strikes B.
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) atypical development or structure
partial alienation of reason
astronomy: small periodical change of position of heavenly bodies
optics: convergence to different foci
physiology: deviation from the normal state
minor or temporary mental disorder
law: producing of an unintended effect by the glancing
zoology, botany: atypical development or structure
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
aberration f. (plural aberrations)
Elsewhere on the web