Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- A miscarriage; an untimely birth; an abortion.
- The product of a miscarriage; an aborted offspring; an abortion.
- Note: As with the more modern "abortion" this can refer either to the process or the result of the process.
- (computing) The function used to abort a process.
- (computing) An event involving the abort of a process.
- We've had three aborts over the last two days.
- (military) An early termination of a mission.
- We've had aborts on three of our last seven launches.
Third person singular
- (intransitive) To miscarry; to bring forth something prematurely.
- (transitive) To cause a premature termination whether of a foetus or more generally of anything that has been begun.
- (intransitive, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To become checked in normal development, so as either to remain rudimentary or shrink away wholly; to become sterile.
- (transitive, Template loop detected: Template:context 1) To terminate a process prior to completion.
- (military) To terminate a mission for any reason other than enemy action. It may occur at any point after the beginning of the mission and prior to its completion.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Webster's Dictionary 1913 Edition
- JP 1-02 Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms
- Useinov & Mireev Dictionary, Simferopol, Dolya, 2002 
- abortion (miscarriage)
|Inflection for abort||Singular||Plural|
Elsewhere on the web