Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Eureka! I've got it.Archimedes
- Rhymes: -eɪʒən
- The act of abrading, wearing, or rubbing off; the wearing away by friction.
- The substance thus rubbed off.
- (medicine) A superficial excoriation, with loss of substance under the form of small shreds.
- (geology) The effect of mechanical erosion of rock, especially a river bed, by rock fragments scratching and scraping it.
medicine: superficial excoriation
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
abrasion f. (plural abrasions)
Elsewhere on the web