Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life is warfare.Seneca
- A state of being absent or withdrawn from a place or from companionship; -- opposed to presence.
- Not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence. - Phillippians 2:12
- Want; lack; destitution; withdrawal.
- In the absence of conventional law. - Kent
- Inattention to things present; abstraction (of mind); as, absence of mind.
state of being absent
want; lack; destitution; withdrawal
inattention to things present
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Czech: nedostatek m.
- Ido: absenteso
- Interlingua: absentia
- Italian: assenza f.
- Korean: 부재 (不在, bujae)
- Novial: absenteso
- Romanian: absenţă f., lipsă f.
- Portuguese: ausência f.
- Spanish: ausencia f.
from French absence
from Latin absentia.
absence f. (plural absences)
Elsewhere on the web