Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
To love is to place our happiness in the happiness of another.Gottfried Wilhelm Von Leibniz
- The act or process of absorbing or sucking in anything.
- The act or process of being absorbed and made to disappear.
- the absorption of bodies in a whirlpool
- the absorption of a smaller tribe into a larger
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) An imbibing or reception by molecular or chemical action.
- the absorption of light, heat, electricity, etc.
- (physiology) In living organisms, the process by which the materials of growth and nutrition are absorbed and conveyed to the tissues and organs.
- Entire engrossment or occupation of the mind.
- absorption in some employment
act or process of absorbing or sucking in anything
act or process of being absorbed and made to disappear
chemistry, physics: imbibing or reception by molecular or chemical action
physiology: process by which the materials of growth and nutrition are absorbed
entire occupation of the mind
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- "absorption" at The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911.
- Genitive singular form of absorptio.
Elsewhere on the web