Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that.Michael Leunig
- An overflowing fullness; ample sufficiency; great plenty; profusion; copious supply; superfluity; wealth: -- strictly applicable to quantity only, but sometimes used of number. A lack of scarcity.
- It is lamentable to remember what abundance of noble blood hath been shed with small benefit to the Christian state. - Raleigh
- Exuberance; plenteousness; plenty; copiousness; overflow; riches; affluence; wealth.
- Abundance, Plenty, Exuberance. These words rise upon each other in expressing the idea of fullness.
- Plenty denotes a sufficiency to supply every want; as, plenty of food, plenty of money, etc.
- Abundance express more, and gives the idea of superfluity or excess; as, abundance of riches, an abundance of wit and humor; often, however, it only denotes plenty in a high degree.
- Exuberance rises still higher, and implies a bursting forth on every side, producing great superfluity or
redundance; as, an exuberance of mirth, an exuberance of animal spirits, etc.
Elsewhere on the web