Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life is a state of mind.Jack Warden
Latin acclamatio: compare French acclamation
- A shout of approbation, favor, or assent; eager expression of approval; loud applause.
- On such a day, a holiday having been voted by acclamation, an ordinary walk would not satisfy the children. -Southey.
- The process of electing a person to a post in the absence of other nominees.
- (antiques): A representation, in sculpture or on medals, of people expressing joy.
- Acclamation medals are those on which laudatory acclamations are recorded. - Elmes
- (Template loop detected: Template:context 1) Without opposition in an election.
- With no one running against her, she won by Acclamation.
- See also Wikisaurus:applause
election of a standby
Elsewhere on the web