Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The day will come when, after harnessing space, the winds, the tides, and gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, we shall have discovered fire.Pierre Teilhard De Chardin
- A unit; a single point or spot on a card or die; the card or die face so marked.
- the ace of diamonds
- A very small quantity or degree; a particle; an atom; a jot.
- I'll not wag an ace further. - Dryden
- c. 1658 Dr. Henry More, Government of the Tongue :
- He will not bate an ace of absolute certainty.
- (tennis) A serve made without the opponent hitting the ball.
- An expert at something.
- (baseball) The best pitcher on the team
- (golf) A hole in one.
- A military aircraft pilot who is credited with shooting down five or more enemy aircraft.
- A perfect or nearly perfect score on a school exam.
- bate an ace (see bate)
- flying ace
- within an ace of
- return ace
- aces and eights
- ace in the hole
- within an ace
card with a single spot
point scored in tennis without the opponent hitting the ball
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Third person singular
- To pass (a test, interviews etc) perfectly.
Adjectiveace (not comparable)
- (informal) Extremely good, excellent.
Elsewhere on the web