Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Think for thyself one good idea, but known to be thine own, is better than a thousand gleaned from fields by others sown.Alexander Wilson
Adjectiveacoustic (not comparable)
- Pertaining to the sense of hearing, the organs of hearing, or the science of sounds; auditory.
- (music) Naturally producing or produced by an instrument without electrical amplification, as an acoustic guitar or acoustic piano.
pertaining to hearing or the science of sounds
producing or produced without electrical amplification
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- acoustics: the science of sound
- acoustic duct: the auditory duct, or external passage of the ear.
- acoustic guitar
- acoustic telegraph: a telegraph making audible signals; a telephone, notably used on ships
- acoustic vessels: brazen tubes or vessels, shaped like a bell, used in ancient theaters to propel the voices of the actors, so as to render them audible to a great distance.
Elsewhere on the web