Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The greatest blunders, like the thickest ropes, are often compounded of a multitude of strands. Take the rope apart, separate it into the small threads that compose it, and you can break them one by one. You think, "That is all there was!" But twist them all together and you have something tremendous.Victor Hugo
Adjectiveacting (not comparable)
- Temporarily assuming the duties or authority of another person when they are unable to do their job.
- The Acting Minister must sign Executive Council documents in a Minister's absence.
- Acting President of the United States is a temporary office in the government of the United States.
Temporarily assuming the duties or authority
- Present participle of act.
- An intended action or deed.
- (drama) The occupation of an actor.
- (law) The deeds or actions of parties are called actings to avoid confusion with the legal senses of deeds and actions.
Elsewhere on the web