Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
We think a happy life consists in tranquility of mind.Marcus T. Cicero
to adjust (third-person singular simple present -, present participle -, simple past and past participle -)
Third person singular
- (transitive) To modify.
- Morimoto's recipes are adjusted to suit the American palate.
- (transitive) To improve or rectify.
- He adjusted his initial conclusion to reflect the new data.
- (transitive) To settle an insurance claim.
To improve or rectify
To settle an insurance claim
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web