Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Old English aournen, anournen, adornen, Old French aorner, from [[w:Template:lang:la language|Template:lang:la]][[Category:Template:lang:la derivations]] aaornare; ad + ornare to furnish, embellish. See adore, ornate.
Third person singular
- Make more beautiful and attractive; to decorate.
- a lady was adorned with jewels
- a man adorned with noble statuary and columns
- a character adorned with every Christian grace
- a gallery of paintings was adorned with the works of some of the great masters
Elsewhere on the web