Visit the forum if you have a language query!
- Any condition, circumstance, opportunity, or means, particularly favorable to success, or to any desired end.
- The enemy had the advantage of a more elevated position.
- Superiority; mastery; — with of or over.
- Superiority of state, or that which gives it; benefit; gain; profit; as, the advantage of a good constitution.
- (tennis) The score where one player wins a point after deuce.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Third person singular
- To provide with an advantage.
- Some authorities object to the use of advantage as a verb meaning "to provide with an advantage".
Elsewhere on the web