Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
The person who does not know how to live while they are making a living is a poorer person after their wealth is won than when they started.Josiah Gilbert Holland
- (grammar) A word that modifies a verb, adjective, or various other types of words, phrases, and clauses.
- The word “happily” is an English adverb.
- (modifying a verb) I often went outside hiking during my stay in Japan.
- (modifying an adjective) It was often cold outside.
- (modifying another adverb) Not often.
- Adverbs compose a fundamental category of words in most languages. In English, adverbs are typically formed from adjectives by appending -ly and are used to modify verbs, verb phrases, adjectives, other adverbs, and entire sentences, but not nouns or noun phrases.
adverb m. sg.
Declension of adverb in Bokmål
Declension of adverb in Nynorsk
declension of adverb
Elsewhere on the web