Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Brain cells create ideas. Stress kills brain cells. Stress is not a good idea.Richard Saunders
- That which is done or is to be done; matter; concern; business of any kind, commercial, professional, or public; — often in the plural.
- a difficult affair to manage
- Any proceeding or action which it is wished to refer to or characterize vaguely.
- an affair of honor, i. e., a duel
- an affair of love, i. e., an intrigue.
- (military) An action or engagement not of sufficient magnitude to be called a battle.
- A material object (vaguely designated).
- He used a hook-shaped affair with a long handle to unlock the car.
- An adulterous relationship. (from affaire de coeur.)
that which is done or is to be done
any proceeding or action which it is wished to refer to or characterize vaguely
action or engagement not of sufficient magnitude to be called a battle
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
Elsewhere on the web