Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
If one only wished to be happy, this could be easily accomplished; but we wish to be happier that other people, and this is always difficult, for we believe others to be happier than they are.Charles De Montesquieu
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- (UK) IPA: /əˈgeɪn/ SAMPA: /@"geIn/
- (US) IPA: /əˈgɛn/ SAMPA: /@"gEn/
- help, file
- Rhymes: -eɪn
- Hyphenation: a‧gain
Adverbagain (not comparable)
- Having already happened before.
- I didn't do a very good job the first time, and now I have to do it again.
- 1979, Charles Edward Daniels et al., “The Devil Went Down to Georgia”, Million Mile Reflections, Charlie Daniels Band, Epic Records
- Johnny said, “Devil, just come on back if you ever want to try again. / I done told you once, you son of a bitch, I'm the best that's ever been.”
having already happened before
- IPA: /əˈgen/, /əˈgɛn/
- in preparation for, in advance of
Elsewhere on the web