Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Life's greatest happiness is to be convinced we are loved.Victor Hugo
Adjectiveairy (comparative airier, superlative airiest)
- Consisting of air; as, an airy substance; the airy parts of bodies.
- Relating or belonging to air; high in air; aërial; as, an airy flight.
- Open to a free current of air; exposed to the air; breezy; as, an airy situation.
- Resembling air; thin; unsubstantial; not material; airlike.
- Relating to the spirit or soul; delicate; graceful; as, airy music.
- Without reality; having no solid foundation; empty; trifling; visionary.
- Light of heart; vivacious; sprightly; flippant; superficial.
- Having an affected manner; being in the habit of putting on airs; affectedly grand.
- (Painting) Having the light and aërial tints true to nature.
Elsewhere on the web