Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, another is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.Henry C. Link
- Rhymes: -æli
- A narrow street, especially one through the middle of a block giving access to the rear of lots or buildings.
- The parking lot to my friend's apartment building is in the alley.
- (baseball) The area between the outfielders, the gap.
- He hit one deep into the alley.
- (bowling) Establishment where bowling is played; bowling alley.
- (tennis) The area between the tramlines on a tennis court.
- A glass marble or taw
Elsewhere on the web