Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
There is no shortcut to life. To the end of our days, life is a lesson imperfectly learned.Harrison Salisbury
- (uncountable) The state of being allied; the act of allying or uniting; a union or connection of interests between families, states, parties, etc., especially between families by marriage and states by compact, treaty, or league; as, matrimonial alliances; an alliance between church and state; an alliance between France and England.
- (countable) Any union resembling that of families or states; union by relationship in qualities; affinity.
- The alliance of the principles of the world with those of the gospel. --C. J. Smith.
- The alliance . . . between logic and metaphysics. --Mansel.
- The persons or parties allied. --Udall.
- (countable) A treaty between nations for their mutual advantage
state of being allied
union resembling that of families or states
alliance f. (plural alliances)
Elsewhere on the web