Visit the forum if you have a language query!
Definition from Dictionary, a free dictionary
Not all of us have to possess earthshaking talent. Just common sense and love will do.Myrtle Auvil
|Rank of this word in the English language, from analyzing texts from Project Gutenberg.|
- By the length; in a line with the length; lengthwise.
- They were waiting for me in the drawing-room, which is a very large room, stretching along the entire front of the house, with three long windows reaching down to the floor. — Doyle
- In a line, or with a progressive motion; onward; forward.
- Swiftly and silently he made his way along the track which ran through the meadows. — Doyle
by the length; in a line with the length; lengthwise
in a line, or with a progressive motion; onward; forward
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- In company; together.
- I am going to the store. Do you want to come along with me?
- Onward, forward, with progressive action.
- Don't stop here. Just move along.
in company, together
Elsewhere on the web